A therapeutic support group for cisgender spouses & partners of trans and GNC people.
Update: Winter/Spring 2019
The next cycle of In Connection will run for EIGHT weeks
Wednesday evenings beginning in March of 2019.
Each of us adjusts to change differently. In Connection & In Connection+ are designed to be a space for cisgender spouses or partners of trans and gender nonconforming people. Our goals for the group include finding support and developing community.
Whether you are newly adjusting to information about your partner or if you have been in a relationship long term with a trans or GNC person, topics for discussion may include:
- Adjusting to changes in your relationship.
- Does my partner’s transition affect my identity?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I take care of myself as I manage my own feelings?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgery(ies): preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Effects of other medical interventions including hormones on your relationship.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Groups meet Wednesday evenings in Andersonville/Edgewater at a location accessible by public transportation. Each group is $50 per session. An intake is required, to discuss which group is the right fit for you. The fee is $75 for 30-45 minute intake. The groups are led by Arryn Hawthorne, LCSW. Click link for a pdf of the Group Flyer.
Please click the tree below to contact us, or call (773) 688-4499 for more information.