A group for cisgender spouses & partners of trans and GNC people.
Update: Spring/Summer 2019
The next cycle of In Connection will start in July on Wednesday evenings. The group does fill quickly, so we encourage you to schedule your intake as soon as you can. You can do so by emailing Arryn directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (773) 688-4499 ext. 101.
Each of us adjusts to change differently. In Connection & In Connection+ are designed to be a space for cisgender spouses or partners of trans and gender nonconforming people. Our goals for the group include finding support and developing community.
Whether you are newly adjusting to information about your partner or if you have been in a relationship long term with a trans or GNC person, topics for discussion may include:
- Adjusting to changes in your relationship.
- Does my partner’s transition affect my identity?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I take care of myself as I manage my own feelings?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgery(ies): preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Effects of other medical interventions including hormones on your relationship.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Groups meet Wednesday evenings in Andersonville/Edgewater at a location accessible by public transportation. Each group is $50 per session. An intake is required, to discuss if group is the right fit for you. The fee is $75 for 30-45 minute intake. The groups are led by Arryn Hawthorne, LCSW. Click link for a pdf of the group flyer.
Please click the tree below to contact us, or call (773) 688-4499 ext. 101 for more information.